Information here on 2018 True South Championship event:
Date: April 21 & 22
Host/Location: Nashville Women and Men Rugby Club, Nashville TN – LINK
Ted Rhodes Park • 720 Mainstream Drive, Nashville, TN 37228 • Fields A, B, and C
**There will also be a soccer tournament at this park on these dates. Please try to carpool as parking will be limited and is on a first come, first serve basis.
Travel Info & Maps
• Weekend Closure on I-24 in Downtown Nashville • Motorists Advised to Plan Ahead
• Freeway shut down on I-24 from the I-40 split east of downtown Nashville to the I-65 split north of downtown Nashville the weekend of April 20.
• The work is weather dependent, so TDOT will issue notification once the closure is confirmed.
• Project information, including detour maps, available online
SAT APR 21
11am – Men’s D3 semis
Montgomery vs Clarksville
Huntsville vs Chattanooga
1pm – Women’s semis
3pm – Men’s D2 semis
Chattanooga v New Orleans
Birmingham v Nashville
SUN APR 22
11am – Men’s D3 Finals
1pm – Men’s D2 Finals
The True South Championships will be a great weekend or rugby! The following details are for everyone’s review (players, coaches, referees) to ensure that we are on the same page for a smooth and fair competition that is exciting for players and spectators.
- Technical zone’s help to open up the playing area for spectators and players. The technical zone guidelines – https://assets.usarugby.org/docs/club/cms/USA-Rugby-Technical-Zone-and-Sideline-Management-Guidelines.pdf
- Games will need to start at the appointed time, with no longer than a 10 minute half-time. A tie at full time will result in 2 periods of 10 minutes with a 5 minute interval.
- Most games will have a 4th official to assist with substitutions and replacements. Details about player movement and team numbers – http://laws.worldrugby.org/?law=3 This includes the law trial that “uncontested scrums as a result of a sending off, temporary suspension or injury must be played with eight players per side.”
- All other global trials are still in effect http://laws.worldrugby.org/?domain=20
• Whiskey Rhythm Saloon • 1811 Division Street, Nashville, TN 37203
• Drink Specials! • $2 domestic bottles • $3 well cocktails • $4 Guinness
• Specials start at 3:00!
• You will need a wristband for the specials –please see the merchandise tent at the field to obtain one (free!)
• Candlewood Suites Nashville –Metro Center • 270 Venture Circle, Nashville, TN 37228 • 615-787-8787
• SpringHillSuites by Marriott Nashville MetroCenter • 250 Athens Way, Nashville, TN 37228 • 615-244-5474
• Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Nashville MetroCenter • 100 French Landing Drive, Nashville, TN 37228 • 615-432-4677
• Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown –Stadium • 211 N 1st Street, Nashville, TN 37213 • 623-209-7630
• Quality Inn Nashville Downtown –Stadium • 303 Interstate Drive, Nashville, TN 37213 • 615-244-6690
• Days Inn Downtown-Nashville West Trinity Lane • 1400 Brick Church Pike, Nashville, TN 37207 • 615-228-5977
• Red Roof Inn Nashville Music City • 2407 Brick Church Pike, Nashville, TN 37207 • 615-226-3300